TGIF! Twin Cities friends, holy thunderstorm last night! It was so LOUD! Very cool to watch/listen to, but it prevented me from running this morning, which means I have a steamy after-work run to look forward to.
This afternoon my brother received a few awards for his work as a police officer. My dad and a couple of my little brothers went to the ceremony. One of the speakers (who is not a cop) said that his big worry each day is whether he'll have 100 or 200 emails, while these guys have to worry about their lives. I think our safety/security is something that we can take for granted and don't think often enough about the people that work to protect us. So go high-five a service member and tell them you appreciate them!
- Summer camps for adults. Let's all go!
- These pie charts are hilarious and so true!
- If you feel like crying, watch this video of a soldier meeting his newborn son for the very first time.
- I’m totally looking for Supermoon on Sunday!
- Thing #248 that I love about summer: salads!
- The magic of garlic. Not just to ward off vampires.
Have a great weekend!