In bullets, for easy digestion:
- I hit and killed a squirrel on the way to the race. I have NEVER hit an animal before and it made me really sad. (Not race-related but I thought I should confess.)
- This race is actually closer to three miles, since that's what my (and everyone's) Garmin says every single year.
- I ran this a minute and a half slower than I did two years ago. (21:34 according to Garm)
- The surrounding high schools have a summer racing series so there were a lot of high school cross country and track girls there...
- ... so I assumed my secret goal of getting top three was gone.
- I realized within a half-mile what a sorry state small town high school running is in when I passed a group of six girls.
- I reeled two more in over the next two miles.
- Remember how I said the Livestock 5k last year was my slowest in years? My average pace for this race was slower than it was for that one. Ugly.
|yes, that's a cabbage with a face and legs|