Last week was Yoga Week as I tried my first week at Core Power. I only made it to three classes at two different studios but I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what regular practice would be like.
What I liked:
- I like that they play Trevor Hall and Alexi Murdoch and not stuff like this.
- I like that the studios smell like Aveda products.
- I like that the instructors are friendly and encouraging and have impossibly soothing voices.
- I love the deep breaths we take together as a class.
- I like whatever it is that drives me to practice crow and supported headstands against the wall in my apartment.
What is challenging:
- Not knowing all the poses makes it hard to relax because I really have to focus and listen to what they're saying.
- Lingering issues from my PE make it difficult to breathe deeply, sort of a necessity for something like this.
- I have to modify a lot of poses because I'm so inflexible.
Honestly, though, I just want to be able to do this.