What a year! It is safe to say that this year turned out very different from what I had thought. And I couldn't be happier. In order to not write the Longest Post Ever, I'm just going to recap my goals that I set for 2012.
1. Do something ridiculously nice for someone. Complete, though the majority of my acts of kindness are centered around my grandparents.
2. Make cards and mail them to people that make my life awesome. Failed. Big time. Sorry, USPS.
3. Try new restaurants. Definitely did this, much to the detriment of my bank account. My new favorites include Tilia, The Bachelor Farmer, Cafe Maude and Blackbird.
4. Read books. I completely failed to make time to read anything besides blogs and running magazines. Next year...
one time deals
5. Paint something to hang in my apartment. Done.
6. Get a tattoo. Done. (Pictures to come.)
7. Go skydiving. Failed. I still want to, though.
8. Go one week without buying anything. I kind of forgot about this one. Oops.
9. Expand my vocabulary. I've kicked my cursing habit which was sort of the point to this one anyway. Sometimes I'll throw around big words like obstreperous (but that's typically in reference to Colleen).
10. Simplify, simplify, simplify. Moving twice totally helped with this. I feel delightfully purged.
11. Travel. India was the big one. Redding and Chicago were fun. Other than that, I was comfortably home in MN.
12. Get stronger, faster and healthier. 2012 has been a year marred by injury (um, hello pulmonary embolisms!) and I never quite found my footing. It became a dream of mine at one point to run a very fast (relative term) marathon but I need to evaluate whether or not it's still one I want to pursue.
So what will 2013 bring? Probably not a list of thirteen goals.
Last year at this time, I was desperate to get out of a rut that I found myself in. Setting goals helped me look toward the future, one I knew would look different than what I had wanted. To sum it up, 2012 has been a year of release. There is no more looking back, no more wondering what if.
2013, we're going to have a great time.